HELP! My PC is infected with Malware!
What should I do?
Follow this step-by-step guide to restore the full functionality of your PC as quickly as possible.
An infection is not the end of the world. There is always a way to solve the problem. :) We can help you with this!
1. Remove the infection using Emsisoft Anti-Malware
Download and install Emsisoft Anti-Malware. The latest independent tests confirm a constant recognition rate of 98-99% for the software, achieved through a combination of two of the best scanner modules available.
In an ideal situation, the free cleaning function will solve your problem immediately.
- 1. Download & installation
Start the downloaded file "EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe" and follow the installation instructions. The suggested settings are ideal for most normal users.
- 2. Scan the hard drive
Select the "Deep Scan" option for the first scan, so that all drives are thoroughly examined. This can take a while, depending on your hardware and the amount of data present.
- 3. Remove the infections that are found
Detected Malware is highlighted in red in the Scan window. Click "Quarantine selected objects" to restore the full performance of your PC.
2. Permanently protect your PC
Unfortunately, this point is often ignored:
Make sure that your PC continues to be protected from new infections. This requires a multi-level Guard module, as integrated into Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
- 1st level: The Surf protection blocks access to known damaging software and fraudulent websites.
- 2nd level: The File guard scans all modified files and downloads to prevent Malware files from starting. Details on the Emsisoft dual-engine technology
- 3rd level: If the pest is so new that it is not yet detected by the scanner, you still have a trump card up your sleeve. The Behavioral analysis module detects damaging behavior and raises an alarm when something suspicious occurs.
Purchase a full version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, including all Guard modules, at low cost from our website:
Guaranteed elimination of every infection!
If for any reason Emsisoft Anti-Malware is not able to automatically remove the infection, our Malware experts will help you to manually remove it.
You just need to log into our support forum and describe your problem in the "Malware removal help" area. Our experienced experts will then provide you with step-by-step instructions for removing the infection.
Have a nice (Malware-free) day!
Your Emsisoft team