Accessing Online Armor Settings
The Control Panel is the main interface for making configuration changes. You can access the Control Panel by double-clicking the blue and white shield icon in your system tray.
The following commonly used settings are also available by right-clicking the Online Armor tray icon:
- Configuration Access the Online Armor Control Panel.
- Check for Updates Allows you to check for updates to the whole program, or only check for updates to the Emsisoft digital signature blacklist and whitelist.
- Help Access the illustrated online webhelp.
- Online Armor on the Web Takes you to Emsisoft's website.
- Set Password Allows you to set a password to restrict access to Online Armor's settings.
- Standard Mode, Advanced Mode, Banking Mode Allows you to see and change which mode Online Armor is currently using. You will see a small icon to the left of the mode currently being used.
- Firewall, Web Shield, Program Guard, Anti-Keylogger Allows you to quickly enable or disable these features. Any currently enabled features will be displayed with a checkmark to the left of the menu entry.
- Show Firewall Status Displays the Firewall Status panel, showing you information on your computer's internet traffic and how the Firewall is handling it.
- Show Firewall Log Displays a log of Firewall activity if logging is enabled.
- Learning Mode Allows you to enable or disable Learning Mode. Learning Mode is enabled when this item is displayed with an icon to the left.
- Block All Network Traffic Stops all network/internet traffic when enabled so that nothing can connect to the network/internet. This item will be displayed with an icon to the left when enabled.
- Activate/Deactivate HIPS features Allows you to disable all of Online Armor's protection features except for the firewall. This item will change according to what clicking this menu item will do: clicking "Deactivate HIPS features" will disable protection features, and clicking "Activate HIPS features" will enable protection features.
- Close and Shutdown Online Armor Shuts down Online Armor completely, disabling all protection.
- Close GUI Interface Closes the Online Armor interface leaving protection running in the background. You will not receive any pop-ups or alerts when the interface is closed; Online Armor will automatically block anything that would normally produce a pop-up.